Programming > Visual Basic > Downloads > Basic Encryption
This is a program that shows how text can be encrypted at a very basic level. The outline of the program is given below:
- The user can select the level of encryption by clicking on 1 of 5 option buttons at the top of the program's interface.
- This encryption value determines how many letters each letter is shifted along when encrypted. For example, if the value 1 is selected, the letter "a" would be encrypted as "b" and so on. This is a very simple form of encryption, but useful for this exercise nevertheless.
- As the user types text into the first text box, the encrypted text appears in the second text box.
- The user can save the original text and encrypted text seperately to file. The names of the files are specified by the user.
- The program could be further developed by allowing the user to specify where the files are saved and also, different types of encryption could be included in the program.
Download Now   (8KB Zip file)
Search for "Visual Basic" on:
eBay (UK) |
Search for "Visual Basic" on the rest of Computing Students: Visual Basic
Find Visual Basic (VB) Programming Books in the Computing Students Computer Science Book Shop